Friday, June 8, 2012

Goodbye College! Hello Job Search....?

Being a recent college graduate is hard.
Tough.
It's just plain old complicated.

When I graduated in December 2011, I had already been offered a job teaching sixth and seventh grade English. Words cannot describe how relieved and ecstatic I was to have a job after graduation. Only catch was....it wasn't guaranteed the following school year. In the school district that I teach in, all new teachers are considered "interim". 

---Definition of interim: provisional or temporary--

So, since I am considered interim, I am out of a job until the more "seasoned" teachers got placed in schools. My principal told me that my wonderful job that I had been teaching the past six months, was being snatched from me, and I wouldn't know anything until August. 

So what is a girl to do??

Do they want me to wait until August? Did they expect me to just twiddle my thumbs and hope and pray they would call me back after the summer? No. Sorry. Couldn't just sit idly by. 

So, the job search has began. 

To date, I have been on six interviews and waiting patiently by the phone for a phone call. 

Fingers Crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment