Friday, June 8, 2012

Interview Questions for the NEW teacher

Today I went to a job fair in a nearby school parish. At this wonderful **insert sarcasm** job fair, I was allowed to have four "mini" interviews with various middle school principals. While waiting on my interviews, I was attempting to rack my brain and come up with some questions that they may ask me. So I have decided to compile a list of the top 10 questions that I have been asked by principals/assistant principals during my interviews.

 Hope these help some of the NEW and old teachers out there! :)

1) What are some of your classroom management techniques?

2) What is the difference between a GOOD teacher and a GREAT teacher?

3) What are some ways that you attempt to make parent contact?

4) What technology are you familiar with? and How do you incorporate this into your lesson?

5) Walk me through a typical day in your classroom.

6) How do you deal with discipline problems in your classroom?

7) How do you assess your students? Informally or Formally?

8) How do you use data/graphs from standardized tests in your classroom and in your lessons?

9) If you have a few students who have not grasped the concept that you are teaching, how do you bring them up to level while also ensuring that the remainder of the class doesn't suffer?

10) What was one of the best lessons that you have ever taught?


These are only my TOP TEN questions, so if you know of any more, please leave them below!


No comments:

Post a Comment