Thursday, June 14, 2012

Guess What??!!?

Yesterday, I had an interview at a elementary school in a nearby town. The position the principal was hiring for was a 5th grade (all subjects) teacher. She asked me various questions and I left the interview feeling pretty good about how it went. She told me that she had one more interview later that afternoon and that she would notify me of her decision by Monday.

So, I drove home, took my shower and decided to relax on the couch. While relaxing, my cell phone rang and I noticed it was a 985 area code (the school is in that area), and I answered it. It was the principal with her decision! She asked if I would be interested in taking the position and of course you guys know what I said! She gave me some information about when I may want to come in to see my classroom, when to decide on paint color, etc.

When I hung up the phone, it felt as if a huge weight had been lifted off of my shoulders!!!

I am kind of nervous that I will be teaching fifth grade (all subjects) because I have only taught 6th and 7th grade English, but I am extremely excited for the challenge!!!

I will be posting pictures soon of some cute ideas for classroom themes that I have found online.

I AM SOOOOOO EXCITED!!!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I am a brand new 5th grade teacher too, after 13 years of teaching high school! I am super excited too (and jealous that you get to choose a paint color for your room-I have a trailer ("learning cottage"). Good luck! I am looking forward to stalking your blog!! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Congrats on the new position!! I'm sure you're just as excited as I am about decorating your "learning cottage". :)

      Delete